We recognise that pets are important members of your family and so we have a selection of pet friendly motorhomes available to hire.
Our pet friendly motorhomes are of exactly the same quality as the rest of our fleet and are meticulously cleaned between each hire.
We do charge a one-off fee for you to bring your pet and you are expected to follow some basic pet friendly rules. Please read and agree to our Pet Policy below prior to booking.
Please only book pet-friendly vans if you need to travel with pets, as some of our customers have allergies and have to book non-pet vehicles.
Top tips for happy holidays with your favourite furry companion!
- Make sure to pack some toys & don’t forget their favourite one! This keeps some things familiar to them even in an unfamiliar motorhome.
- Pre-holiday pet health check – It only takes a few minutes to make sure they are up to date with all their vaccinations, worming and flea treatments. Don't forget to bring any Pet Insurance documents with you.
- Remember their collar and lead! If you haven’t already attached your mobile number and name, make sure you do.
- Some people are not confident around animals and if you are on a campsite there will be lots of other campers who may be wary of animals. Keep your dog on a lead and not just freely roaming outside around the motorhome. We have provided a handy dog stake to help keep them close but with some freedom, whilst you are parked up.
- In Scotland dogs must be kept under control near livestock and dogs worrying sheep can have serious consequences for both animals. Keep your dogs on a lead in any areas where sheep or lambs are around.
- To avoid disturbing breeding birds, keep dogs on a short lead between April and July in areas such as moorland, forest, grassland, loch shores and the seashore.
- It is always good to keep the peace - if your dog has a particularly loud bark or barks frequently, the walls of the van will only keep so much noise in! Just be mindful of who is around you.
- A tick removal tool is really useful. You can purchase a tick removal tool from Highland Campervans via your booking form or when you arrive. If you are packing a few first aid bits for yourselves (there is a basic first aid kit in the van) remember to put a few pieces together for your companion!
- We have some pet beds available for customers to borrow, but make sure to bring along their favourite blanket so they have a familiar safe place they can settle and sleep well! They will need it with all the new adventures they will be going on!
- As always, please ensure that you clean up after your dog. Just because you're maybe in a less populated landscape, don’t forget to bag it and bin it!
- We have a good range of leaflets and brochures available onsite to help you enjoy your holiday and guide you on how to follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Codes.
- There are also some great pet/dog friendly websites that give you information on quick dog walking stops when driving here to collect your motorhome such as Driving with Dogs.
Pet Friendly Policy
- We recommend 1 medium or 2 small dogs as a maximum for the space inside the van. We specialise in hiring compact motorhomes, which means that some larger breeds of dog, ie. German Shepherd may not be comfortable in the floorspace available in the van. Please consider this when booking and if you have any questions, just get in touch.
- Pets must be kept off all the soft furnishings.
- Pets must not be left unattended in the motorhome at any time.
- Some breeds of dog are renowned for heavy moulting/shedding. If you are aware that your pet does moult/shed hair in extremely large quantities, our vehicles are not suitable and therefore please do not make a booking.
- We ask you to be mindful that your van will be going back out on hire with a timely turnaround. We expect the vehicle to be returned in the condition it was collected. Not all of our hire customers will travel with pets.
- You will be responsible for any damage that occurs.
- You are welcome to bring along pet beds or crates for your pets to sleep in. We do have a pet bed available, should you require it please advise us at time of booking.
- We reserve the right to claim an extra cleaning charge of £50 minimum if a van is not returned in a clean condition.